PEI Oyster Masterclass with a World Champion Shucker!
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
Join us for a live virtual masterclass with World Champion Oyster Shucker Patrick McMurray, a.k.a. Shucker Paddy. He’s sharing his favorite oyster shucking and serving tips and techniques. Whether you consider yourself a novice or aficionado, you’ll learn everything you need to know to create the ultimate oyster experience.
What You’ll Learn:
- What to look for and how to engage your fishmonger when buying oysters
- How to store oysters once you get them home
- How to shuck safely
- How to engage all five senses to optimize your oyster experience
- Tasting profiles of different oysters
- Easy ways to serve oysters
For the Ultimate Shucking Experience, You’ll Want:
- PEI oysters—purchase here
- The Shucker Paddy Universal Oyster Knife (he designed it himself!)—purchase here
- The Oyster Companion: A Field Guide by Shucker Paddy—purchase here
About Patrick McMurray
A leading voice in the oyster industry, Patrick McMurray has spent the last 30 years sharing his love for oysters. He is an award-winning Toronto-based restauranteur and industry consultant and regularly competes and hosts demonstrations around the world. A world-champion oyster shucker, Patrick holds three different Guinness World Records for shucking oysters, including shucking 39 oysters in 1 minute. He is the author of The Oyster Companion, a comprehensive guide to oysters. Patrick frequently appears in the media and previously hosted the Oysterlicious podcast. When it comes to oysters, few people are as passionate and knowledgeable as Patrick McMurray.
Visit Patrick’s Instagram
Join Our Community
Sign up below to enjoy all of the benefits of The Social Shell, including the fun stuff listed here!