Skip to content
- 24 PEI Oysters
- 2 cups / 500 ml Mashed Potatoes
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml Double Smoked Bacon, chopped & cooked
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml Fresh Chives, chopped to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- 1 cup / 250 ml All Purpose Flour
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups / 375 ml Panko Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place oysters on a baking sheet. Bake in oven until the shells open, about 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully remove oysters from shell; discard liquid and shells.
- Combine oysters, mashed potatoes, double smoked bacon and chives.
- Season mixture with salt & pepper; divide into 8 portions and form into cakes.
- Season flour with salt & pepper; dredge each oyster cake in the flour.
- Dip into eggs and let excess drip off before coating in panko crumbs.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil.
- Sear both sides of the oyster cakes until golden and place onto a baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook until heated through for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot with a side of crème fraiche or sour cream.