Skip to content
- 24 PEI Oysters, shucked
- 2 cups / 500 ml Red Beets, peeled & grated
- 1 each Lemon, zest and juice
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml Sugar
- to taste Salt
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml Crème Fraiche
- as desired Fresh Mint, chopped
- Place beets, water, sugar and salt into a medium pot; heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until softened; remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add lemon juice & zest to the beet mixture and puree until smooth; strain through a fine mesh strainer
- Place beet liquid into a baking dish and put into a freezer. As the liquid begins to freeze occasionally stir it with a fork to create ice crystals. Once the mixture is frozen it is ready to use
- Place oysters onto a plate or serving platter. Top with a dollop of crème fresh.
- Scrape some of the beet granita onto each oyster and garnish with mint. Serve cold.