Skip to content
- 2 lb (1 kg) fresh PEI Mussels
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped red onions
- 4 Tbsp (60 mL) sweet Thai chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
- Rinse fresh PEI Mussels under tap water. Tap any mussels that are still open and discard any that do not close after being tapped and rinsed. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan place your mussels then add the white wine, red onions, sweet chili sauce and the cilantro.
- Finish with the squeeze lime and drop it on top.
- Cover pan and allow to steam until mussels start to open up.
- Sautè the pan occasionally to ensure the chili sauce coats all the mussels. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Serve mussels and sauce in a large oval bowl. For extra zing, try adding freshly squeezed lime to the dish. Serve with your favorite bread for dipping in that incredible sauce.